December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve! YAY! I'm excited to open presents tonight. My family has a tradition that we open half our our presents Christmas Eve and half Christmas morning. See, my dad's family celebrates Christmas Eve (I guess it's a Polish thing?) and my mom's family celebrates Christmas morning. So I get to celebrate both. :D

Honestly though, I feel a little bad about celebrating Christmas. Christmas for me, used to be celebrating Jesus's birth. Now I'm not sure that I believe that Jesus is God. So now I guess I'm just celebrating a historical figure's birthday? And we aren't sure that he was actually born on December 25th anyways. So now Christmas just seems to be a time of food, presents, and family tradition. Which I suppose isn't bad but I feel sort of guilty for celebrating a holiday that I don't really believe in.