January 7, 2008

Testosterone

I’ve been debating whether or not to take Testosterone. I’m not going to take it right now but I think I may take it (with prescription) when I’m older. Part of me says “no, I don’t need that to make me a man.” And there are some possible side effects to taking T. The other part of me says that maybe the T will make me more comfortable with myself.

I’ve heard of people who have taken T who have said that afterwards they finally felt comfortable in their own skin. Too often I feel like I just cannot stand my body. I don’t mean that I hate my nose, or hair, or legs or weight (although I wouldn’t mind losing a few pounds). I mean that I just feel like I do not fit my body. I know God gave me my body. I try to take care of it. But too often I just feel this horrible disgusting feeling.

Another reason I want to take T is because although I can usually pass now, it will be harder as I get older. Without T, I doubt I will ever be able to pass as a grown man.