November 15, 2007

Debates in Cisco

I'm in Cisco class. We've been talking about religion and politics for the past hour though. I'm all for talking about religion and politics but these guys won't let me get a word in. We're talking about terrorism, and Israel and all of that good stuff. I want to bang my head against the desk right now. Apparently, I have had it very easy because I was born in America and my parents were born in America. Okay, true, I do not have to worry about my family over seas. Okay, sure, fine. Do I have it easy? That's debatable.

I'm told that I do not care about people dying over seas. Maybe I am not closely related to the Arabic and Israeli people that are over there dying. I still care though. When I hear about the fighting I feel horrible. I have cried myself to sleep about all of those people dying. All of that hate. No, I do not have to worry about people invading my house or bombing my house or anything. My heart goes out to the people that do though. Am I a bad person because I am not related to those people? I empathize with them greatly.